DigiThane’s Click Thane Photography Contest Guidelines
Theme: Colors of Thane
Entry format: Single photo/ One photograph. (per person)
You can use: Any equipment to capture still photography can be used. (eg. Smart Phones, Digital Cameras)
Age: No Bar
Self-Nomination Period/Registration: 28th of March until 31st March, midnight. (Registrations have closed).
Self-Nomination/Registration link: bit.ly/2HKUlMO (This link has expired, registrations have closed)
Submission Period: 1st – 7th April, 2019
Photos to be mailed on – firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos to be uploaded on: bit.ly/ClickTh (Link is currently active until 7th April 2019, midnight)
For any queries contact our helpdesk on +91 9819170170.
The contest is open to all – professional and amateur photographers, regardless of age, gender or nationality.
How to Enter?
- Click on the link bit.ly/2HKUlMO for self-nomination /registration and fill in all the required information in the entry form.
- Entry is limited to original works that have not formerly been displayed or exhibited and for which the entrant holds all applicable rights.
- Works that have won prizes in other contests or that have been submitted to other contests currently underway, including similar works, are not eligible.
- One photograph per person to be submitted.
Guidelines for the photographs:
- Image data files created with any device capable of taking still images, including smartphones and digital still cameras (including medium and large-format digital cameras).
- Images that have been retouched by using camera apps, photo editing apps, other software, etc. will be accepted.
- Both color and monochrome images will be accepted.
- File size: Upto 15 MB of image data per work
- Image-data file format: JPEG/150 dpi recommended
- The standard color space for the judging process is sRGB (standard Red Green Blue)
- Winners might be asked to provide higher resolution images for publication or display purposes related to the contest.
Contest Rounds & Judging:
- Top 15 images from the pool of entries will be selected and will be presented in an Exhibition Round. Photographers of these exhibited 15 images will automatically progress into Round 2 or the Finale.
- The Prize Winner will be selected from among these top 15 selected images, also contesting in Round 2.
- After the first round of judging, Top 15 selected images will be published on DigiThane’s Official FB page – https://www.facebook.com/DigiThaneOfficial/.
Communication to the Winners
- Top 15 chosen photographers selected for the Exhibition Round & Round 2 will be notified via Email, SMS and a Confirmation call from DigiThane Cell.
- Final Prize winner will be announced on the day of the exhibition itself.
Contest results will be announced on the DigiThane website and Official FB page. Winners will also be communicated about their winning the contest through SMS and calls from DigiThane helpdesk.
- Entries and the persons depicted therein are restricted to works for which the entrant holds the copyright or for which the entrant has received the prior usage permission of the right holder.
- Before submitting a work, the entrant is responsible for taking all steps necessary to protect the right of publicity and other rights of persons depicted in the work, including but not limited to obtaining their permission, to avoid any problems related to the infringement of these rights.
- Entrants are responsible for the resolution of any legal issues arising from their submitted works and agree to pay any costs thereby incurred.
- The organizer reserves the right to disallow entries that depict brand logos or other intellectual property, whether on neon signs, posters, or in other forms, or that in its judgment are harmful to public order, violate standards of decency, or are contrary to the goals of the contest.
- Entrants must hold all applicable rights to the final image, including any retouching or other image processing.
- Entrants must bear all costs incurred by entering the contest.
- Entering the contest constitutes an agreement to the terms and conditions stated in these Entry Guidelines.
- Once submitted, entries will not be returned to entrants under any circumstances, even if they are later withdrawn.
- Please note that when a winning work is used for exhibitions and the like stated below, due to circumstances concerning printing or otherwise, the tone or expressed meaning may not be strictly reproduced according to the winner’s intent.
- Please note that no response will be given to any inquiries, complaints, or objections regarding the judges’ decisions.
- Although entries are handled with the greatest possible care, the organizer will not bear responsibility for accidents, damage, loss, or other problems that occur during data transfer.
- The organizer will not bear responsibility for entrant damages, etc. arising from or related to circumstances beyond its control, including but not limited to network failure, computer viruses, or unauthorized access to its servers.
- The organizer will not bear responsibility for damages or other harm suffered by entrants as a result of their participation in the contest.
- Entrants are required to obtain the prior permission and consent of the persons who are portrayed in their works or who hold the copyright or other intellectual property rights to the works or the items portrayed therein.
- Entrants agree to fully indemnify the organizer and bear all responsibility for any third-party complaints or objections concerning copyright or other intellectual-property-right infringement or damages arising from submitted works.
- The above limitations also apply to the responsibilities borne by the organizer as well as the judges and third parties participating in the contest in cooperation with the organizer.
- Although entrants retain the copyright and other equivalent rights to their entries, the organizer retains the entry rights listed below under “Organizer’s Rights”.
- The organizer reserves the right to publish entries to its public social networking service accounts throughout the submission period to publicize the contest. Such publication does not guarantee an award of any kind.
- The organizer reserves the right to publish all entries onto websites and social networking service accounts related to the contest after the first round of judging. Some entries might be cropped for publication.
- With the objective of publicizing the contest and enriching the general image-making culture, the organizer reserves in perpetuity the non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce, make public, publicly transmit, display, print, distribute and screen winning entries with the credit titles on websites and public social networking service accounts as well as in photo exhibitions, camera-related events, exhibitions, and the corresponding facilities managed or organized by the subsidiaries or affiliates to local agents authorized by the organizer (collectively called the “organizer, etc.”, a term that includes the organizer) without further compensation to or the additional prior consent of the winners.
- The organizer, etc. will display the names of the winners and the titles of the winning entries on contest-related websites and public social networking service accounts, at exhibitions, and in other locations where the works are shown.
- With the objective of accomplishing the goals outlined in the above clause, the organizer, etc. may:
- display the winning entries in whole or in part on websites or public social networking service accounts under its administration, with the addition of graphical effects, sound effects, or music, and
- employ the winning entries in whole or in part in the creation of posters, tickets, and pamphlets promoting photo exhibitions and other events. The winners agree not to exercise moral rights to works so used.
- For objectives other than those stated above, upon agreement with the entrant or winner, the organizer reserves in perpetuity the non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce, make public, publicly transmit, display, print, distribute, and screen entries or winning entries with labels indicating them as entries or winning entries of the contest and the credit titles, without further compensation.
- Entries that in the judgment of the organizer do not conform to these Entry Guidelines will be disqualified. Entrants will not be notified in this event.
- If a winner is found to be disqualified after a prize is awarded, the award might be revoked and the entrant requested to return the prize.
- These Entry Guidelines will be interpreted in accordance with the laws.
- Any disputes between entrants and the organizer will be referred to Court as the court of the first instance having exclusive jurisdiction.